Over the past several years two of the hottest trends in all of digital marketing have been mobile ads and demand side platforms (DSPs). With that in mind, it is easy to see why mobile demand side platforms have become so successful, and gotten so much attention recently. If you aren’t already using this powerful combination, it is important to get a good understanding of what exactly it is and where you can turn take advantage of it.
What are Demand Side Platforms?
When looking at digital advertising, a demand side platform is a system that is used to help manage multiple different ad exchanges through a single interface. This interface will allow you to engage in real-time bidding for multiple types of ads. You can also use the platform to optimize your campaign based on a variety of performance indicators such as cost per click, cost per action, click through rate and more.
Naturally, demand side platform mobile advertising networks would be any DSP that is focused on mobile advertising. Thanks to the advancements in mobile over the past couple of years, you can get virtually all of the benefits found with traditional display ads and apply them to a mobile platform. It is important to keep in mind, however, that mobile has several additional indicators that can be factored in when optimizing your campaign. For example, you can optimize based on the geographic area, the type of device being used (smart phone vs. tablet) and even the mobile OS (iOS vs. Android).
When combined, you will be able to quickly and effectively adjust your mobile advertising campaign through your demand side platform to get the best possible results. In order to get the best options possible, you will need to take some time to make sure you are using the best demand side platform for mobile ad networks possible based on your specific needs.
DSP’s for Mobile Networks
The following are some of the top demand side platforms that specifically target mobile advertising. There are others available, and many of them do a good job. The important thing is to understand your goals, and determine which platforms are able to provide you with all the tools, information and other resources to accomplish those goals.
- decisive.is – One of the favorite Mobile DSP ad network for affiliates. Decisive is a self-serve mobile advertising platform that makes reaching customers on mobile devices simple.
- SMAATO – Smaato is a global advertising company that bought out the popular AdsMobi platform back in 2013. This quickly allowed them to become a leading DSP for mobile advertising. They have successfully been growing that platform ever since.
- Phunware – Like Smaato, Phunware has grown their DSP through acquisition. They acquired TapIt back in early 2013 for $23 million.
- HumanDemand – This is one of the largest and fastest growing mobile demand side platforms. They work with hundreds of app developers and advertisers to provide a massive platform for their users.
- StrikeAd – StrikeAd is a leader in programmatic advertising, and has been an innovator when it comes to mobile demand side platforms.
As mentioned above, there are many other demand side platforms that are either exclusively dedicated to mobile, or include mobile in their platform. The four listed above are among the largest and most popular, however, and are an excellent place to start for anyone who hasn’t yet taken advantage of this popular advertising option.